Perfectly Clear: The Perfect Guide to Clear Skin is a concise, reliable and accurate guide that deals with all aspects of living with acne. From how it develops and how it can be treated, to what products to avoid and what lifestyle changes to make, respected experts Dr Nick Lowe and Dr Philippa Lowe share invaluable information to get perfectly clear skin.
To accompany the launch of the acclenz™ range, the book explores the myths and truths associated with acne with answers to the most commonly asked questions including:
- Why do we need sebaceous glands?
- Why do some of us continue to get acne?
- Why do some contraceptive pills reduce acne and others make it worse?
- What diuretic tablet may help with acne?
- Which dairy products worsen acne and why - Is full fat milk better than skimmed milk?
- Are the foods you eat important?
- Does how you feel affect your acne?
- Does stress mess with more than your head?
- What are the multiple triggers that can make it worse?
- Should we worry about antibiotic resistance?
- Which months of pregnancy does acne get worse?
- What is the difference between a whitehead and a blackhead?
- Informative and engagingReview by OP - London
- ExcellentReview by Dr Alan Menter, USA Dermatologist
- Makes the quest for clear skin accessibleReview by LP
- The very best knowledgeReview by Jo Glanville-Blackburn, Woman & Home, Beauty Director
- Invaluable handbookReview by Eve Cameron, journalist
- Accurate and easy-to-understand.Review by Dr Tamara Griffiths, Consultant Dermatologist